Wednesday 26 February 2014

Simplybe Lovedrobe Stud Trim Maxi (red) UC335FX size 16

I am a very lucky girl, not only do I get to keep this dress, but I'm also going to wear it for a pageant.

For those of you that don't know (though I expect all of you will know as I tell anyone who will listen) I have been selected as a finalist for a beauty pageant called Miss British Beauty Curve 2014 in July. As I'm over 30 I'm Ms and I'm representing my county Wiltshire. (squeal!)

So, this is a dress for the 'Evening Wear' category.

I chose it mainly for the colour. Ooooooh isn't it a lovely red.

Now, I had no-one around here to take my pictures, so my 11 year old stepped in. I'm a busy mum of 3, so I took my chance of a 10 minuet quite period and got to it.

The downsides of getting my 11 year old to take my pictures are :

He often had his fingers in the photo

He took lots of blurry pictures

He took pictures of me half in the picture

And most annoyingly of all, he failed to tell me that the hangy armpit bit of ribbon for hangers, was sticking out as I was posing.

But don't let that hangy bit of ribbon by my armpit put you off as this dress is GORGEOUS.

Its long, which is really important to me as I'm 5'7. You would be suprised how many manufacturers get this so very wrong! Its never a good look to look like you are expecting a flood.








I love how it isn't to 'booby'
There is a stud trim as well (please ignore ribbon armpit)
This, I like as it gives it a bit of a rock edge to it.













The dress is done up by a zip down the side and also has ties that I've done up at the back.

My hair is in the way, but the straps are thin and same material as the dress. Not flimsy 'I'm about to snap' thin though, like a vest top strap.

And this is a picture of me (ahem) in my sash....


Go and check out Simplybe's site and tap in the code UC335FX. The dress is £45

Or better still here is the link:

http://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/lovedrobe-stud-trim-maxi-dress/uc335/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=8402#colour:Red,size:

If you are interested in taking part in the pageant, here is the link:

http://www.misscocoacouture.com/


Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment